Instructions for those who will attend services
for the High Holy Days
30 September 2020
To all members,
- When you enter, please sanitize your hands in the lobby
- A list will be in the lobby - it contains the names of all the families. - one line per family -
Please, the first from the family who comes should lay a sticker beside the name of the family.
Reason: the Government wants us to keep records in case of tracking.
There are columns for the day of the week. Choose the right column.
Other members of the same family don't have to put a sticker - only one per family/day.
- Bring your own kippa - Wearing a mask is optional - your decision
- Members of the same family can sit together.
Others should keep distances.
- If you are afraid and feel you are at risk, don't feel obligated to come - your choice.
- Do not shake hands - do not kiss mezuzot - do not kiss torah or seferim - do not kiss anything nor anybody.
- No more than one person on the bimah - whoever is called for an aliyah, stay down by the steps, don't go up.
- Hopefully there should be a seat for everyone - chairs will be in the lobby for those waiting to have a free seat.
Please make sure that older members do not have to wait.
- Members only - lack of space, due to COVID-19 restrictions, is preventing us to let non-members come in.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Dr. F. Weil
Tiferes Israel Synagogue
Please Contact the Synagogue About Services.
For more information, please see the official NB's Recovery Plan as has been declared by The Province of New Brunswick, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Moncton is in Zone 1, yellow phase.