Rules for the synagogue for the High Holy Days
- drafted by our Covid Safety Committee
25 August 2021
This year, for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, we request, in order to protect our vulnerable members, that the following be observed:
- Reduce each service to its shortest version approved by the Rabbi.
- A list will be in the lobby - it contains the names of all the families. - one line per family -
Please, the first from the family who comes should lay a sticker beside the name of the family.
Reason: the Government wants us to keep records in case of tracking.
There are columns for the day of the week. Choose the right column.
Other members of the same family don't have to put a sticker - only one per family/day.
- Everyone is required to use sanitizer before entering the sanctuary.
- Wear a mask at all times, except for the person who is davening.
- Keep social distances except for members of the same family.
- No shaking hands, no kissing of the Torah, no kissing of the Mezuzot.
- Only members and Jews from out of town who have bought seats for the High Holidays can attend. In addition, these Jews from out of town are required to be fully vaccinated.
- One person only on the Bimah, except for Hagbah-Gelilah if members of the same family.
- Have chairs in the lobby and in the Kiddush room for members who have to wait if all seats are taken because of social distancing.
The Board decided at its last meeting that the 'Hazzan has to be fully vaccinated
Thank you for your cooperation.
Irwin E. Lampert
Tiferes Israel Synagogue