COVID-19 Restrictions in the Synagogue.
23 October 2020
The following rules must be observed:
- Masks, covering nose, mouth and chin, must be worn at all times.
- Sanitize or wash your hands when you enter the synagogue.
- A list of attendees must be maintained for GNB, for contact tracing reasons.
- Wear your own kippa, talis, and tefillin.
- Keep a distance of at least 2 meters from everybody else.
No physical contact between congregants.
- No kissing of mezuzot or torah.
- Sit only in the rows that have not been closed.
Keep at least 3 seats between each of you.
- On the bimah: only one person at a time. When reading the Torah, only the reader is on the bimah, the others are down below.
- No kiddushim.
Maximum Number: The one ordered by the Province of New Brunswick at the time of the service. Priority will be given to Congregation Members.
Judging from what happened during the High Holidays, there should be enough seats for everyone - families can sit with each others. But, chairs will be installed in the foyer and in the Kiddush room, in case we run out of places in the sanctuary. If that happens please make sure that elderly members can sit in the sanctuary - thank you.
Please ensure to follow the preceding rules.
We all want everybody to be safe.
Dr. F. Weil
Tiferes Israel Synagogue
Please Contact the Synagogue About Services.
For more information, please see the official GNB's Recovery Plan as has been declared by The Province of New Brunswick, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Moncton is in Zone 1, and is currently in the YELLOW phase.